Pages

"God sets the lonely in families" - Psalm 68:6



Friday, August 24, 2012

PREPARING FOR KOREA!

This past week we enjoyed our annual family vacation in Palm Desert.  Our dear friends have allowed us to use their time share for many years and we've been blessed to create so many memories in such a beautiful place. Yesterday we received the thrilling news of Hailey's visa approval, which means that she is almost ready for travel.  We should receive the official "travel call" from our agency on Monday or Tuesday at the latest.  I received the news in the green chair pictured in the photo below.  I filled out our adoption application (for El Salvador) five years ago in this chair, and took this photo of the boys before mailing the application (in August, 2007).



Since we had two cars in the desert, we decided that I should return home to work on flights, shop and prepare for Korea.  Mike and the boys spent the last day of vacation together, which gave me 24 hours to focus!  The photo below shows me five years ago as I walked to the timeshare office to mail off our application.  Yesterday I waved good bye to Mike and the boys with the hope of finally seeing our baby girl in the coming week!



After much discussion and research, we are holding flights for Sat, Sept 1.  We found direct flights at a great rate, and will save significantly by waiting a few days (this is the last week of summer in Korea).  We also realize that we need the coming week to prepare.  Our church is throwing a baby shower for Hailey on Tuesday night, and we're really looking forward to celebrating together with our church family.  We'll return home on Sun, Sept 9, after enjoying seven full days in Korea.  The boys will miss their first three days of school, but we know that it will be worth the trip of a lifetime!


Last night I went shopping at Babies R Us with my mom.  We are so thankful for all of our family members, who have been so supportive in our adoption journey.  My mom has been especially helpful and supportive in so many ways, and it was so fun to shop together for the "last minute" essentials!  We will continue to post updates in the coming week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Vision

God spoke this vision regarding our adoption journey to Barbara Lange on March 26, 2010...

"Jenni,


I have made the decision to speak our boldly when God speaks to me. Last night as I was washing the dishes I received this "vision" of you. I hesitate to use the word "vision," but what I saw was a slide of your life. As I watched the show in my mind I began to cry because I was so touched by what I saw. You and I have shared many tears these last couple of years, both sorrow and joy. The attachment is what I saw.

FRAME 1

Jenni sitting at the South Coast Community Church reception desk with the photo album of her courtship and engagement to Mike.

FRAME 2

Jenni performing the gospel message in mime at New Harvest Community Church, showing her heart for the lost and oppressed. Jenni performing the gospel in mime on missions trips everywhere she is able to go. Her Father rejoicing at her obedience and passion.

FRAME 3

The anguished look of a woman desperately wanting to have children. Unsuccessful fertility treatements.

FRAME 4

God watching over His daughter, His heart breaking as tears flow down her cheeks. He whispers in her ear, "My child, I know how broken you feel, but I have a great plan and purpose for your life. This anguish, this heartbreak, this pain will subside. Joy is on its' way. I needed you to suffer in this way because of My plan is for you. You are going to be an advocate for international adoptions. You are going to spread my gospel this way.

FRAME 5

The births of Jordan and Aidan! At last a MOM!

FRAME 6

Having experienced the heartbreak of infertility, Jenni's passion for adoption grows.


FRAME 7

Jenni's passion for missions and adoption begin to fuse.


FRAME 8

The Ramseys start the adoption process for a daughter.

FRAME 9

Jenni goes to Washington DC and connects with adoption leaders. Relationships follow, teamwork begins. Jenni begins a new chapter in her life in the intl. adoption network.

FRAME 10

The slow adoption process is agonizing to the Ramseys.

FRAME 11

Jenni leads a missions team to El Salvador and learns sad news about El Salvador adoptions and specifically their own plans. Heartbroken again, but resolved to press on.

FRAME 12

More networking with intl. adoptions, hope for their daughter and another trip to El Salvador. Jordan goes to El Salvador. The orphans are overwhelmed and ecstatic that Jenni returns. Jenni and Jordan build "forever friendships and family" in El Salvador. Jenni's passion increases.

FRAME 13

Jenni prepares for third trip to El Salvador in one year. Amazing things happen.

FRAME 14 - THE FINAL FRAME...

Mike and Jenni, standing now, older, graying hair, surrounded by their sons and their wives, their daughters and their husbands and their grandchildren. Below them are thousands of children joyously celebrating Jenni's life. Her passion to follow her Father's call and purpose on her life is fulfilled. These thousands of children represent all of the orphans, adoptions and ripple affect of her life's work.

A work that could not be accomplished without the pain, suffering and brokeness she endured trying to become a mom.


Well done, my good and faithful servant."

A Heartwarming Adoption Story.... the Howerton's Miraculous Haitian Adoption Journey

God's Heart for Orphans...

An Incredible Video...

"Cry of The Orphan" - Thoughts on orphan care from some of my greatest heroes!